Friday, October 26, 2012

What Our Teachers Say About Volunteers....



 VOLUNTEER MATTERS:

"I love having parent volunteers because they are there to help during my small groups. Having extra classroom management helps to have a more structured classroom." - Jessica Short (1st Grade)

"MANY hands make LIGHT work, especially in the classroom."
- Aimee Christensen (5th Grade teacher)

"I appreciate parent volunteers so much! When we divide into groups for centers or are doing hands on activities it is so nice to have as much help as possible." - Rebecca Bowen (4th Grade)

"I absolutely love having parent volunteers! My favorite times to have volunteers are during Math, Literacy, and Writers Workshop!  In math I am able to differentiate more and do more hands-on activities when I have more help. In literacy students are able to meet with parents. Lastly, in writers workshop it is helpful when there are more people than myself to edit student's papers. All in all, more good things can happen when I have more hands to help me and I love it!" - Sarah Jones (4th Grade)

"Volunteers enable me to do my job BETTER! Teaching children."
- Kim Elliot (1st Grade)

 Parent Volunteer, Heather Evans, helps give a little extra special attention to a small group of students.

Liz Nelson parent volunteer.
This may just look like a picture of some kids using math cubes to do math, and indeed it is that... but its so much more than that. By these parents volunteering their time to help, the teacher now has more time with fewer students and these students have some great differentiation time to ask questions and focus more on the particular subject. Smaller groups equal BIGGER reults! Its remarkable to see what achievements are made when parents like this come and lend a helping hand.

Parent volunteers offer a huge resource and support base for the school community while showing their kids the importance of participating in the larger community.  Not only will the school reap the benefits of your involvement — you will, too. By interacting with teachers, administrators, and other parents on a regular basis, you'll gain a firsthand understanding of your child's daily activities. You'll also tap into trends and fads of school life that can help you communicate with your kids as they grow and change (all without intruding on their privacy or personal space). Even if you haven't been involved in the past, it's never too late to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment